Thursday, February 6, 2014

Act 2 Scene 2




ROMEO            Lady, by yonder blessed moon I vow, 
                           That tips with silver all these fruit tree tops  -

JULIET             O swear not by the moon, th'incostant moon,

                           That monthly changes in her circled orb,
                           Lest that thy love prove likewise variable.

ROMEO             What shall I swear by?

JULIET                                                                Do not swear at all;
                            Or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self,
                            Which is the god of my idolatry,
                            And I'll believe three.


ROMEO                                                       If my heart's dear love - 

 JULIET            Well, do not swear. Altough I joy in thee,
                            I have no joy of this contract tonight:
                            It is too rash, too unadvised, too sudden,
                            Too like the lightning, which doth cease to be
                            Era one can say 'It lightens'. Sweet, goodnight:
                            This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath,
                            My prove a beauteous flower when next we meet.
                            Goodnight, goodnight! As sweet repose and rest

                            Come to thy heart as that within my breast.











Romeo and Juliet
William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment